RE: no-cascade proposition

Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> If I understand it right, your markup is integrated into a larger document, the CSS rules of which you do not
> want to apply to your code. But then you surely expect cascade and inheritance to apply within your own code.

100% correct

> It is as if you really wanted the equivalent of an iframe (as pointed out by Boris) so an HTML/markup level
> solution to delimit the boundary does seem appropriate.

Well yeah, but I don't think it's appropriate to fix stuff at html level just because it gives you problems on css level? Furthermore, there are problems with iframes adapting to the height of the included code. And I don't see why I should always include external code through an iframe. It would be nicer if I could just add it to my code, in file or through an ajax call for example.

The iframe is the one solution that works best for now (though is pretty much rendered useless unless you know the height of the included code), but fixes css issues at html level, I really don't see the point in that.