RE: no-cascade proposition

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:12:53 -0800
To: Niels Matthijs <niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
> Well yeah, but I don't think it's appropriate to fix stuff at html
> level just because it gives you problems on css level?
You essentially would like to select your markup independently of the container's and vice-versa, for the container to select its own markup and not yours. This is effectively namespacing and it will require markup-level declarations in order for the namespace qualifiers in your selectors to resolve to the right elements. I do not think you can avoid that; and the fact that you cannot is no proof there is a problem with CSS imo.