Re: Select a parrent node with s CSS selector?

* Bruce Lawson wrote:
>Again, I understand the potential complexity, but don't remember the
>part of this group's terms of reference that limits discussion to
>non-exponential algorithms.
>
>Processors are getting faster all the time. People have expressed a
>wish for such a selector. I fail to see why discussion of it is
>automatically out of scope.

It is certainly not out of scope, but without presenting new information
it is not useful to run another instance of this debate on this list. It
would be better to spend the time on research into algorithms and opti-
mizations, experimental implementations e.g. as patches for open source
implementations, documenting good uses cases that would considerably be-
nefit from adoption of the feature, analysis of the impact of it on good
existing web pages (whether and how they are more usable, load faster,
spend less time in script routines, ...) and producing similar new in-
formation is much more likely to further the case of the feature.