Re: Select a parrent node with s CSS selector?

From: Bruce Lawson <bruce@brucelawson.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:00:44 +0100
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>, "Ilia Goranov" <css-babailiica@babailiica.com>,<www-style@w3.org>

>Again it is possible to compute this but selectors that have
>exponential  nature
>are *highly* non-desirable.

Again, I understand the potential complexity, but don't remember the
part of this group's terms of reference that limits discussion to
non-exponential algorithms.

Processors are getting faster all the time. People have expressed a
wish for such a selector. I fail to see why discussion of it is
automatically out of scope.

Bruce