Re: [css3-namespace] Case sensitivity and XML namespace in document.

Le 19 sept. 06 à 01:46, fantasai a écrit :

> karl@w3.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>> This is a QA Review comment for "CSS Module: Namespaces"
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-namespace-20060828/
>> 2006-08-28
>> 2nd WD
>> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-namespace-20060828/#prefixes
>> XML Namespaces are case sensitive. "dc:title" is not the same than
>> "DC:title" but CSS Namespaces says:
>> 	[[[
>> 	Namespace prefixes are, like CSS property 	names, case-insensitive.
>> 	]]]
>> Does that mean that some elements will be impossible to style?
>
> No, because the match is on the expanded name, not the prefix. I
> believe Werner
> Donné and Boris Zbarsky explained this well enough:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0086.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0048.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0048.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0050.html
>
> If their responses satisfy your concerns, I will consider this
> issue closed.

It is important to explain the case sensitivity a bit more in the
specification prose. The thread has illustrated that there was a need
for clarity.
I suggest to not close the issue, until you add an example and the
associated prose  explaining it.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***