Re: [css3-namespace] Case sensitivity and XML namespace in document.

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:46:16 +1200
To: karl@w3.org
CC: www-style@w3.org

karl@w3.org wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a QA Review comment for "CSS Module: Namespaces"
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-namespace-20060828/
> 2006-08-28
> 2nd WD
>
> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-namespace-20060828/#prefixes
>
> XML Namespaces are case sensitive. "dc:title" is not the same than "DC:title" but CSS Namespaces says:
>
> 	[[[
> 	Namespace prefixes are, like CSS property
> 	names, case-insensitive.
> 	]]]
> Does that mean that some elements will be impossible to style?

No, because the match is on the expanded name, not the prefix. I believe Werner
Donné and Boris Zbarsky explained this well enough:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0086.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0048.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0048.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0050.html

If their responses satisfy your concerns, I will consider this issue closed.

~fantasai