Re: Search Engine CSS

From: Craig Francis <craig@synergycms.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 00:12:22 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Thank you Patrick,

A fair point, but please can you explain which is the correct method
of marking up the headers (first example given, under the heading "my
problem").

This was the problem I was facing which lead me to think about the
power of CSS and its ability to present data in different ways to
different devices.

Personally I think presentation effects interpretation, and the rules
I propose are for changing that interpretation and not the structure
of the page.

For example a <ul> of links is because they are an unordered list of
links... its then presented to the user/device to show that its a
navigation bar... but I suppose that interpretation could also be
expressed in mark-up. Although how would you create all the HTML
elements required for all the different data types (there could be
allot)... I suppose they could be attributes (<ul type="nav">).

Craig