Re: [Selectors], XSLT, and a browser's internal view of an xml document

Hello, Mr. Woolley.

--- David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > The result of applying a CSS 3.0 stylesheet to an
> > XML document, if it were serialized, may have
> > different

Here I mean that the result of transforming XML with a
CSS 3.0 stylesheet, if the transformation's result
were (could be) serialized ...

> All XML documents are serialised.  XML is a tool for
> serialising tree structures.  I think you are
causing
> a lot of confusion by using the term serialized to
> mean something other than the normal meaining.

So if XML is a tool for serializing, you must mean
that a document in XML form is a serialization of an
abstract tree structure. In your mind, are only text
files serializations, or can graphic files be
serializations as well? (I don't mean pictures of XML
files, here).

-Noah