Re: [Selectors], XSLT, and a browser's internal view of an xml document

From: Noah Scales <noahjscales@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:58:21 -0800 (PST)
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, www-style@w3.org

Hello, Mr. Woolley.

--- David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > The result of applying a CSS 3.0 stylesheet to an
> > XML document, if it were serialized, may have
> > different

Here I mean that the result of transforming XML with a
CSS 3.0 stylesheet, if the transformation's result
were (could be) serialized ...

> All XML documents are serialised.  XML is a tool for
> serialising tree structures.  I think you are
> a lot of confusion by using the term serialized to
> mean something other than the normal meaining.

So if XML is a tool for serializing, you must mean
that a document in XML form is a serialization of an
abstract tree structure. In your mind, are only text
files serializations, or can graphic files be
serializations as well? (I don't mean pictures of XML
files, here).

Do You Yahoo!?