Re: [Selectors], XSLT, and a browser's internal view of an xml document

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:21:38 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> The result of applying a CSS 3.0 stylesheet to an XML
> document, if it were serialized, may have different

All XML documents are serialised.  XML is a tool for serialising
tree structures.  I think you are causing a lot of confusion by
using the term serialized to mean something other than the normal
meaining.

(In fact, the result of rendering often de-serializes, because it
creates a two (or more) dimensional object.