Re: [Selectors], XSLT, and a browser's internal view of an xml document

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:19:53 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> abstract tree structure. In your mind, are only text
> files serializations, or can graphic files be

All computer files are serializations because computer filesystems
are linear mediums.  Graphics are serialised by converting them to
raster scans or more complex descriptions.  The graphics file can
then be trivially coverted  from serialized binary to serialised
text, by, for example hexadecimal coding the data.