Wrapping paragraphs around blocks

From: Barry <wassercrats@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:43:25 -0500
To: <www-style@w3.org>

Hi list,

It's not valid to put a block-level element within a paragraph, so I was
forced to put text that I wanted wrapped around a list (the green list at
http://www.polisource.com/consumer-protection.shtml ) in a <div> instead of
a <p>. That removes the semantics that a paragraph tag would represent, so
it's not a good solution. I could use an image, but then I'd have to
duplicate the list in the alt text or in a title.

What do you think about creating a property that causes two separate blocks,
such as a div containing paragraphs and another containing a list, to be
pulled together when rendered, so the text of the first block would be
wrapped around the second? The second block would be able to be vertically
and horizontally positioned and its surrounding white-space filled with text
on the top or bottom, and if the second block is positioned far enough left
to be in the center of the first block, there would be text wrapped on both
sides.

Wassercrats