Re: Wrapping paragraphs around blocks

From: Barry <wassercrats@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:30:19 -0500
To: "Philip Hoyt" <phoyt@philiphoyt.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

I said:
> In IE 6, the end of the line that starts "maiorum menandri voluptatum at."
> is covered by the orange box.

I had time to look at the HTML and that seems like your spacer idea is
currently the best solution for me. A margin fixed the IE problem, and I
don't even need a margin when I use the list that I want to use.

It is a hack because there's an extra pixel of "margin" on the top right,
unless I go through the trouble to put an extra pixel along the entire right
side, so I still think there should be a neater way.

The only spacer I'd tried was padding and the position property. I'm still
not sure if position should work, but I know it doesn't.

I had the wrong idea about floating. I was thinking that the paragraphs to
the left of a right floated block behaved the same a if they were floated to
the left. I THINK I was wrong about that. Now it appears that nothing gets
floated to the right of something else (since that something else could wrap
UNDER it). When you float to the right, you're floating to the right side of
the container.

I hope CSS evolves into a free and accurate WYSIWYG editor some day. At some
point they'll be enough CSS and you guys will need something else to do
anyway.

Thanks,
Wassercrats