Re: Wrapping paragraphs around blocks

From: Barry <wassercrats@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:48:47 -0500
To: "W. Leon Sutton, Jr." <wsuttonjr@hyponiqs.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

> As far as I would see it, because the list is being wrapped around by
> outside text, it would be semantically correct for that list to be
> contained
> within a <div> (divisional) tag.  That would separate that list from the
> body text.  Containing a list within a paragraph is also, in my opinion,
> contradictory and therefore NOT semantically correct.

I'm not complaining so much about not being able to put the list in the
paragraph. I don't really care what the solution is, but I want some way to
make text wrap around a list while keeping the text in paragraph tags. I
don't care what container the list is in.

> Now then, putting the body text into a paragraph is STILL possible.  You
> can
> force the list's container to float to the right-hand side of the text,
> which would also force that text to wrap around the text.  It's a simple
> as
> that.

As far as I could tell, the top of the text and the top of the list would be
level like that. I want part of the text to be above the list and part to be
to the left. I think it looks better that way.