Re: [css3-values] New WD for Values & Units

Christoph Päper wrote:

> Actually I think it would have been a valid option to make 'px' the
> device's pixel, like many people assume anyway

So when I print a 100px wide image on my 1200dpi laser printer, it would come
out about 2mm wide?

And the typical web page that sticks everything into a 600px wide table would
come out 1.2cm wide?

And if I'm using a 200dpi monitor (and such exist at this point) the web page
should be 1/2 the size it would normally be?

That seems very much undesirable.  The goal is for the rendering to be legible
and all.

Just keep in mind that CSS has to work with devices whose actual pixel is a very
very different size from the typical 1/96 of an inch that old Windows versions
claim.

-Boris