Re: New layout language.

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:01:26 +0200
To: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Orion Adrian schreef:
> There wasn't a discussion. I find that a lot of people here just
> listen long enough to find a flaw. They don't even really understand
> it all, but they jump to criticism. It's not true of everyone or even
> the majority, but there are certain people here. I have been one of
> them from time and time and I know it's bad behavior and I try and
> avoid it best I can. But it's hurtful to the community and it needs to
> stop. I'll try as best I can.

Ofcourse there is criticism. That is part of a discussion and
particularly discussions about a proposal. To identify whether something
is useful or not, you must find the flaws. If there arenít any, or minor
ones, it is a good proposal.

If you canít take the criticism, and donít listen to it and adjust your
proposal accordingly so that in the end there can be something that
satisfies all parties, then it is pointless to go on.

~Grauw