Unitless dimensions

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:28:48 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

There was a very informative message on this (or a related) list
not too long ago describing what the author referred to (I think)
as a "little-known feature" of CSS whereby unitless dimensions
(possibly in certain contexts) behaved in a useful but generally
little-understood way.  I've tried to track this behaviour down,
but with no success.  If the original poster, or someone familiar
with this area of CSS, could either clarify or point me at
the relevant spec., I'd be most grateful.

Philip Taylor