Re: Unitless dimensions

From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@ij.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:40:54 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> There was a very informative message on this (or a related) list
> not too long ago describing what the author referred to (I think)
> as a "little-known feature" of CSS whereby unitless dimensions
> (possibly in certain contexts) behaved in a useful but generally
> little-understood way.  I've tried to track this behaviour down,
> but with no success.  If the original poster, or someone familiar
> with this area of CSS, could either clarify or point me at
> the relevant spec., I'd be most grateful.

I'm drawing a mental blank on whether there are any others, but here's
one I think meets your definition:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-line-height <number>
--
"If you love your children, you will be prompt to discipline them."
                                                Proverbs 13:24

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/