Re: Unitless dimensions

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:27:43 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Philip TAYLOR:
> There was a very informative message on this (or a related) list
> not too long ago describing what the author referred to (I think)
> as a "little-known feature" of CSS whereby unitless dimensions
> (possibly in certain contexts) behaved in a useful but generally
> little-understood way.

If it has not been 'line-height', it perhaps was some hackery for quirks
modes, where unitless numbers are often interpreted as pixel values. You
could use these to feed different values to different browsers/rendering
modes, when this bug coincides with others (like IE's infamous
alternative box model).