Re: [CSS21] CSS3

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:32:25 +0200
To: craign@cisra.canon.com.au
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Craig Northway wrote:
>Section 5.2
>
>This section references CSS3. Why does the specification reference
>future versions like this?

To put the draft into the context of work that already happend or
happens in parallel. For example, css3-colors and css3-selectors
are referenced in informative notes and these are not "future"
drafts but Candidate Recommendations while CSS 2.1 is just a Working
Draft at this point. These references are meant to aid the reader,

>Please remove all references to CSS3 from CSS 2.1.

and not normative, so I don't really see why we should make the
document less readable. Perhaps you can elaborate on your concerns?