[css3-speech] Comments: 'pause-before', 'pause-after' and 'pause'

From: csant <csant@csant.info>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:47:33 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

* 'pause-before', 'pause-after', and 'pause'
The keyword values have now been added, indicating the prosodic strength
of a pause.

I do not think the prosodic strength can be really measured in the pauses:
it is actually measured in the tone inflections of the voice before and
after the actual pause. A long pause can be 'strong' or 'weak', and the
real prosodic strength is given by how the last word before the pause is
spoken.

I would see a neutral approach of 'x-short', 'short', 'medium', 'long' and
'x-long' more appropriate.

The problem of defining pause as being inserted "between the element's
content and any 'cue-before' or 'cue-after' content" will be dealt with in
a separate mail about an aural box model.

--
[Quote]
"He is old". But she is wrong. It is not age; it is that a drop has