[css3-speech] Comments: 'voice-balance'

From: csant <csant@csant.info>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:46:56 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

* 'voice-balance'
"Note that unlike voice-volume, voice-balance does apply to cues."

Does this actually imply that I can have my TTS (text-to-speech) string
and the preceding cue on one channel only? And that if I would want the
cue to be placed on one side and the speech on the other side I would need
to use generated content ::before or ::after an element and voice-balance
that?

My take would rather be to apply voice-balance to voice only (why would it
be *voice-*balance? Would simply 'balance' not be more appropriate if
refering to all sounds?) and add more control over where to place the cues
(maybe in the form of a new property 'cue-balance'). CSS 2.0/2.1 'azimuth'
was not nominally linked to 'voice': I don't understand why the 'voice-'
prefix has been added if balance is not to refer to voice only.

Regards,
/c

--
[Quote]
"He is old". But she is wrong. It is not age; it is that a drop has