Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

On Thursday, July 22, 2004, 4:44:17 AM, Mark wrote:

> [...]

<object data="support/css1test412a.png">

should be

<object data="support/css1test412a.png" type="image/png">

>> However, styles can still be applied using the <?xml-stylesheet?> PI.

MM> Didn't try that.

It seems that is the only supported method for generic xml in Win/IE

MM> It looks like I may have been too hasty with my assessment of IE6's
MM> rendering of PNG's from the barrage of IE-does-too-handle-PNG's responses.

Yes. To be clear - it renders inline opaque PNG on img and object, does
a poor job on indexed or rgba png that have transparency.

MM> Maybe the suggestion should be to use PNG's with out transparency, (and
MM> convert the handful of GIF's to PNG).  On the other hand, GIF's have been
MM> around much longer, and seem to have broader, more consistent rendering, so
MM> I'm still leaning toward expressing the CSS 2.1 conformance test suite in
MM> terms of GIF's, and not PNG's.

GIFs do not have more consistent rendering. They look entirely different
on Mac and PC platforms, to take an example.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group