Re: Length unit relative to media width

From: Christian Roth <roth@visualclick.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:23:57 +0100

>I wants the ability to let the screen show
>the same content independent of screeen resolution.
>I want bigger letters on a big monitor,
>not small letters on a high res monitor.

I'm sorry, yes, it seems I completely misunderstood your intention. And
by the way, my original response was also wrong: if you do not want
different absolute sizes on monitors or any output media, don't use px of
course, but use absolute units like 'cm' or 'in' right from the start. A
UA wanting to can still magnify/reduce the display upon user request by
modifying its translation from, say, mm -> displayed pixels. My apologies!

Christian
(away, looking for his brain...)