Re: Length unit relative to media width

From: (wrong string) šper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:22:46 +0100
To: "GS" <junkmail.gs@c2i.net>, <www-style@w3.org>

GS:

> John, I belive your idea of a property screen-width deserves to be
> investigatet more deeply.

But you've already read the Media-Queries draft?
<http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries> It has experimental support in
Opera 7. Anyhow, I consider it harmful--it's to easy to abuse.

> The underlying problem is of course the
> missing ability of css to build pages that looks the same on all media.

That's not a problem, but the beauty of CSS+*ML.
There are more medias than screen and print and even those two have so many
differences, that it's not desirable to have exactly the same
representations on them.

> B)    Documents that looks the same independent of media.

If you want that, you haven't understood the Web.

Christoph