css3-linebox draft and caesurae

From: JB Piggin <jbpiggin@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 07:44:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

There's a lot of impressive work in the draft CSS3
module: line just posted.

I'm wondering however if it would be possible to add
number values to "text-height property". The values
proposed are limited to: auto | font-size | text-size
| max-size.

Reason: certain texts, mainly poetry, have lines where
the block-progression dimension must be precisely
doubled. At a "caesura" or breakpoint in mid-line, the
text downshifts, but the words still count as part of
the same line. The workaround for doubling this
dimension in CSS2 is to temporarily double the
font-size, but the results can be imprecise. This is
discussed in the macro-typography guide at
http://www.piggin.net/poetry6.htm and an example is
shown.

It would be desirable to be able to heighten
line-boxes with the following value:
text-height: 2

While I'm at it, I collected a few minor typos in the
draft text:
in 3.3: ...but does not necessarily determines...
[Delete S]
in 4.9 ...which line of a multi-line inline block
align... [S missing?] inline lock itself [block?]
in 5.1 ... there is no properties [are?]

Jean-Baptiste Piggin