Re: How is it possible to devise such a feeble system?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:18:39 -0400
To: "Peter Foti (PeterF)" <PeterF@SystolicNetworks.com>
cc: "'Jesse McCarthy'" <mccarthy36@earthlink.net>, "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
> This raises a new question.  Wouldn't "text-align" be more appropriately
> called "horizontal-align"?  I mean, you might have non-text items within
> the element that you are applying the alignment to.

Because text-align only aligns inline content. It does not align block
children.  So something like:

Would center "Text" within the inner div (by inheritance) but not center
the inner div within the outer one (because a div is block content).

Boris
617-864-9910
Computer, n:
   A device to speed up and automate errors