Re: ACCS and Frames

From: <MWhisman@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:11:58 EST
To: www-style@w3.org
Daniel Glazman a écrit:

> Simple questions, but big problems : how is rendered a
> framed document using ACSS ? In which order are frames pronounced ?
> How is made the navigation from one frame to another one ? How can
> the content of one frame access the title of the frame which is in
> the frameset document ?

You are asking an HTML question, really. The answer involves a frameset
document, in which you give the A anchors that load each frame a
NAME="someName" attribute. Then, you give a link from (e.g.) Frame1 to Frame2
by writing, in frame1.htm, an anchor such as &lt;a href="a_page.htm"
target="frame2.htm"&gt; A Page! &lt;/a&gt; -- n.b. the TARGET attribute. When
you read about TARGET, you should also see a discussion of the keywords,
"_blank", "_top", "_parent", and "_self". I hope this helps.

I don't mean to criticize, it's been a while since I spoke French! I think you
meant to say "called" rather than "pronounced". When you ask, "how is
rendered" ... "how is made", you are using a normal French construction that
sounds odd in English (qui frappe l'oreille). Your meaning is clear, though,
and your other questions are written "properly". The normal pattern is, "How
is a framed document rendered..." and "How is the navigation made..." or just
"How does one navigate from..." -- although in informal writing or
conversation you will often hear "How do you/I navigate from...". Please
excuse me for being so rude as to point this out.

<rant>
Blast those Alt-Number codes for special characters in Windows, anyway!
Accented letters shouldn't be made hard to enter, no matter what platform or
markup language. I prefer the Mac option-key method.
</rant>

Au revoir,
Ben Whisman

I bet my French dictionary doesn't even list a verb for "to email". If
"emailer/ir/re" probably has some altogether different meaning, I hope it is
at most only funny.