Re: cellspacing

From: <MWhisman@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:57:42 EST
To: www-style@w3.org
> does anybody here know the keywords to specify cellspacing for a table?
> i've tried cellspacing, cell-spacing, spacing, etc, and nothing has worked.

You're looking for border-spacing. Other CSS attributes that control tables
are: margin, border, and padding. These are "shorthand" for more specific
attributes, e.g. border-style.

That confused me too. Yes, I now know the above keywords exist, but I wish CSS
had a "cell" keyword, such as cell-spacing, cell-padding, and cell-border
(shorthand like border). You have to dig in the specs to find it; it's not
immediately apparent.

For a list of links to sites and books where you can learn and discuss CSS,
see <a href="http://www.w3.org/Style/css/#learn">W3C: Learn CSS</a> and
authoring newsgroup</a>.

The www-style list is intended for discussion of the CSS standard itself:
existing or proposed CSS features, rather than, "how do I do such-and-such in
CSS".