Re: Backwards compatibility of new selectors (was: Color

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 17:35:19 -0800
To: <neil@bigpic.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

Neil St.Laurent wrote:

<<We are currently implementing CSS2 as it stands now and it
isunfortunate that by the time we release our product the standard
will be significantly changed in order to reflect current practices
and what is seen as acceptable.>>

Unfortunate that a first draft be significantly changed? I couldn't disagree
more. CSS2 as written is not a standard, thankfully. Now is the time for
implementers and authors to carefully look it over, comment, suggest, and
criticize. Its publication would be a waste if it wasn't improved as result.

David Perrell