Re: Backwards compatibility of new selectors (was: Color

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:34:26 -0600
To: Douglas Rand <drand@sgi.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
> All good standards work *must*, not may, pay attention to what the
> real implementations are doing.  Turning a blind eye is not an

This makes it very difficult for new vendors to get in on the action
if the standards are basically being dictated by existing
implementations.

We are currently implementing CSS2 as it stands now and it
isunfortunate that by the time we release our product the standard
will be significantly changed in order to reflect current practices
and what is seen as acceptable.

__