Re: Support for HSL colour specification

On Dec 1,  5:19pm, Christian Pantel wrote:
> Subject: Support for HSL colour specification
> I would like to add my support for including the HSL colour specification for
> CSS.  It is more usable and more natural than RGB.

Let's see, H is hue, L is lightness and S is saturation.
So, supposedly, x,70,y is lighter than x,40,y

What is the HSL for pure yellow (RGB 255,255,0) and for pure
blue (RGB 0,0,255)? Whch actually looks lighter? Why?

Whats the difference between HSL 0, 50, 100 and 0, 50, 30? Quite a lot.
What's the difference between HSL 0, 10, 100 and 0, 10, 30? Barely
noticable. Why?

I'm all for usability - that's why I think HSL falsely raises user
expectations and performs poorly in usability testing compared to visual
selection.