HSL Troll...

From: James A. Nauer <jan3@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 17:56:34 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

HSL, being The One True Color Model, obviously needs to be added to the CSS
spec.

  --J.

P.S. The sole purpose of this message is to determine whether
non-subscribed individuals such as myself can clutter up the list with
flame-bait.

P.P.S. Of course, if I actually cared to contribute to the debate, I would
point out that the issue of RGB vs HSL vs YUV vs CMYK is irrelevant, since
_ALL_ of those color models are counter-intuitive and generally bogus, from
the non-techie-nerd's point of view.  Pick one, stick it in the spec (RGB
wins by inertia), and develop end-user tools with an interface that makes
sense, e.g. an artist's palette or a "Crayon-box" type color-picker a la'
MacOS 8.

P.P.P.S. Actually, ANY end-user tools at all with really good CSS support
would be a tremendous help.

James A. Nauer                   | "I shall not yield one whit of maturity,
Application Systems Manager      | not grace, not respectibility, to the
Digital Media Services           | passing of time. I declare that I shall
Case Western Reserve University  | forever be, if not a child, certainly
(216) 368-MACS  (368-6227)       | childish"  --Kennet Shardik
http://www.cwru.edu/home/jan3.html