Re: Support for HSL colour specification

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 15:43:52 -0600
To: Christian Pantel <cpantel@ca.ibm.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
> I would like to add my support for including the HSL colour
> specification for CSS.  It is more usable and more natural than
> RGB..

I think we have to stay away from these arguments for supporting HSL.
 I've worked with video and computer equipment most of my life and
I've never used HSL for anything.  RGB makes the most sense to a lot
of people, CMYK makes more sense to other people, and HSL makes alot
of sense to even other people.  But we can be quite sure that RGB is
likely the most natural specification for computers considering the
structure of CRTs since the very early days...
__