Re: Mistaken identity?

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:47:07 -0400
To: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Jon Hanna wrote:

>>>Who said anything about dereferencing namespaces?
>>Well, John Hanna (for one) said something exactly like that on
>>6-24-2004, and IIRC I was responding to his post (or maybe subsequent
> Nope, no interest in the namespace name at all - I'm interested in
> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> and hence I dereference
> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns>

Well, in this case the uri happened to be the namespace usually used to
create prefixes for RDF QNames, which is IIRC how I came to write my
post.  Sorry to have misrepresented your intent.

I have seen a number of discussions in the past about the (more
explicit) dereferencing of namespace URIs - like your examples but more
intentionally about namespace uris, but I don't have any pointer at hand
right now.

Tom P
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)