Re: Mistaken identity?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:46:06 +0100
To: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>
Cc: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Quoting "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>:

> David Menendez wrote:
>
> > Thomas B. Passin writes:
> >

> >> The point is, you can't really determine even a namespace to try to
> >>  dereference in the hopes of getting some useful information except
> >>  by using heuristics that are not specified or sanctioned by the
> >> Rec.
> >

> > Who said anything about dereferencing namespaces?
>
> Well, John Hanna (for one) said something exactly like that on
> 6-24-2004, and IIRC I was responding to his post (or maybe subsequent
> discussions).

Nope, no interest in the namespace name at all - I'm interested in
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> and hence I dereference
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns> and hope to be informed about
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>, preferably through a
fragment #type. I'm not interested in
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns> or
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> per se, and the reason I said
that I don't like ending RDF namespaces with # is precisely that - if the
namespace was, for example <http://example.net/rdf/> then the uri to
dereference would be <http://example.net/rdf/type> - not the namespace uri at
all.

--