Re: Mistaken identity?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:06:13 +0100
To: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>
Cc: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Quoting "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>:
[snip]
> Well, in this case the uri happened to be the namespace usually used to
> create prefixes for RDF QNames, which is IIRC how I came to write my
> post.  Sorry to have misrepresented your intent.
>
> I have seen a number of discussions in the past about the (more
> explicit) dereferencing of namespace URIs - like your examples but more
> intentionally about namespace uris, but I don't have any pointer at hand
> right now.

Well I am of the opinion that if dereferencing a namespace name works then it
should result in something meaningfully related to that namespace in some way.
So you didn't misrepresent my opinion, even if you did misrepresent my intent
(probably due to me not being clear enough in the first place). However that is
a slightly different topic and probably best for a different thread, especially
since "something meaninfully related" is harder to define for namespaces in
general than it is for predicates and classes used with RDF.

--
Jon Hanna
<http://www.hackcraft.net/>