RE: Listing vocabularies RE: Some questions

From: Victor Lindesay <victor@schemaweb.info>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:36:27 -0000
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Charles:
> This would be give or take quite a few. Thinking for 3 minutes:

Give us a chance Charles, SchemaWeb has only been going for a few weeks.
As for coverage, I would reckon that SchemaWeb contains a very
significant proportion of all schemas and ontologies published on the
web in RDF/XML.

Let's not delude ourselves; RDF is still a minority sport.

>Which is why the task of trying to list them (and make it possible to
search
>for properties and classes related to some task before creating yet
another
>one) is at the same time very important ...

I agree. But humans designing schemas are not the sole use case for
schema portals and repositories. Schemas are also a very important part
of the RDF technology stack and access to schemas is vital for software
agents. Or have I misread the roadmap...
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Semantic.html