Listing vocabularies RE: Some questions

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Victor Lindesay wrote:

>Jeroen Budts:
>> >Is there somewhere a list of all available/known rdf vocabularies?
>
>Chaals:
>> I doubt it. Unless you mean all the voabularies that some
>> person knows really
>> well...
>
>All known vocabularies (give or take a few) are available for your
>perusal at:
>http://www.schemaweb.info/

This would be give or take quite a few. Thinking for 3 minutes:

http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10 - EARL
assorted CC/PP vocabulary bits
Annotea schema, Annotea reply schema, W3C bookmarks schema
cwm built-ins

There are new vocabularies created pretty frequently.

Which is why the task of trying to list them (and make it possible to search
for properties and classes related to some task before creating yet another
one) is at the same time very important and not likely to cover more than a
fraction of the vocabularies. (Anyone know what percentage of the Web is
covered by search engines?)

cheers

Chaals