Re: [topicmapmail] RDF and TopicMaps: an Exercise in Convergence

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no>
Date: 04 Jun 2001 21:53:55 +0200
To: topicmapmail@infoloom.com, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

* Murray Altheim

| What we ought to be talking about is a mapping from XTM to an RDF
| schema, where there is the assignation of markup semantics to
| higher-level syntax constructs.

We might want to talk about this, but like you I'm not sure what we
would gain by this. Doing it might be one way to find out.

| I'm unclear why the debate for the past six months has been about
| XTM-to-RDF, when we should be talking RDF schema.

Actually, I think we should be talking RDF -> TM. That would help make
the relationship between the models clearer, and it would also help
make RDF data available as topic map data.

--Lars M.