RE: Self introduction of Michel Biezunski and Steven R. Newcomb

From: Michel Biezunski <mb@infoloom.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:05:27 +0100
To: "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> As it happens I've been reading about topic maps recently, when I
> can find a
> moment or two to spare.  Seems like there is a lot in common with RDF and
> some intersting differences too.  The separation of the concepts of topic
> and subject are intruiging.
>
> As a test of my understanding, and for comparison with the rdf model, I've
> been trying to do a set model for topic maps similar to that in
> the rdf m&s
> spec.  Does something like that already exist?

There have been several attempts but as far as I know nothing really
formalized
exists yet. We are still working on trying to find out the best match
between the
two models. I would be interested to get your input about it. I will try to
see if I can
collect the various attempts and put them on the Web.

Michel

Michel Biezunski, InfoLoom
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Email: mb@infoloom.com  Web: www.infoloom.com