Re: About using distances or probabilities

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:09:54 -0800
To: "harmeet singh lamba (by way of Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>)" <harmeet_lamba@rediffmail.com>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> While desigining the RDF schema i'm unable to uderstand how to put
> distances or probabilities onn relations between two nodes i.e from one
> node to other and vice-versa.Also see the attached file conataining the
> diagram which explains what i mean, so please let me know the solution for
> this with examples and how to allocate these diatances as described in the
> diagram as 20,30 or you can take it as d1,d2 , so how assign values to
> these d1 and d2 and how to use them.i'll be waiting for your sooner
> response as my work is stuck at this point.
> Thanks and regards
> Harmeet

You could hang the probabilites off the property nodes:

:Computer :pal20/30  :Printer.
:pal20/30  :probability "20"; :inverseProbability "30"; a :Property.

:Seth
   :properName "Seth Russell";
   foaf:mbox "mailto:seth@robustai.net";
   :workingOn <http://RobustAI.net/MyNetwork/index.html>;
   :workingOn <http://robustAI.net/MyNetwork/StickeyCyberMolecules.html>;
   :wrote <http://robustai.net/ai/symknow.htm>;
   :conjectures <http://RobustAi.net/Ai/Conjecture.htm>;
   :affiliatedWith <http://purl.org/swag/>;
   :affiliatedWith <http://speaktomecatalog.com>;
   :lookingFor [Who:Person#x :willProgram :Sembrowser].