Re: RDF parsing without the building the SiRPAC model

From: Stefan Haustein <stefan.haustein@trantor.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 22:06:55 +0100
To: rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
CC: uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com

Gabe Beged-Dov wrote:

> There is a proposal for a low-level SAX interface for
> RDF that was forwarded to the list in Dec from David
> Megginson. I don't know whether it meets your criteria
> for simplicity or beauty. He indicated that the
> production version of DATAX would use this interface.
> Here's the reference from the archives:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/1999Dec/0045.html

The interface looks in principle usable to me. I am not completely
convinced if it is really the simplest possible solution.

David argues against having a simple triple callback because his version
has
6 parameters.

I think the general question is: Should aspects of the RDF syntax not
occuring in the model be reflected in the interface? Did
I drop something important in my suggestion?

Do you know about any exisiting implementations?

Best regards,

Stefan