RE: A certain difficulty

From: Jeff Sussna <jeff.sussna@quokka.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:12:20 -0800
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
I agree with many of the statements in this thread. In particular:

1. Modeling is hard
2. RDF syntax does not match the simplicity/clarity/elegance of RDF model

I think this all points to the fact that the Semantic Web will be much
harder to implement than the web we currently have. Part of the reason for
the explosion of the web as we know it is that HTML does not require good
abstraction skills. In fact it hinders good abstraction.

Given this, I still believe that the RDF syntax is not truly
property-centric, and therefore makes the RDF model harder to work with in
practice.

Jeff Sussna