RE: SIMILE PI phone conference, 11-Feb-04 1100 EDT/1600 BST

From: Butler, Mark <Mark_Butler@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:38:02 -0000
To: "'Stephen J. Garland'" <garland@lcs.mit.edu>, "Butler, Mark" <Mark_Butler@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: " (www-rdf-dspace@w3.org)" <www-rdf-dspace@w3.org>

Hi Steve

This looks fine, but on slide 12 I don't think the "correlating ontologies"
bit is appropriate. The XSLT transforms do try to construct URIs in a common
way, but the correlating ontologies bit is done by OWL. The danger is if
people think we've done the mapping by XSLT, then that's not a SW approach
so its cheating.

So I suggest we drop "correlating ontologies" from slide 12 and add another
slide between 12 and 13 that mentions our use of OWL.

cheers

Mark