Re: rdf-charmod-uris closed over objection [Fwd: IRI section needs too much testing to go in Fundamentals]

Brian, I do not wish to have my opposition recorded as an
objection in the issue tracking document.

                      Brian McBride
                      <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.        To:       Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
                      com>                     cc:       www-rdf-comments@w3.org, Jos De_Roo/AMDUS/MOR/Agfa-NV/BE/BAYER@AGFA, Aaron
                                                Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
                      19/03/2004 10:58         Subject:  Re: rdf-charmod-uris closed over objection [Fwd: IRI section needs too  much

Dan Connolly wrote:

> I note that this issue...
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-charmod-uris
> was closed over the objection of 3 WG members, but it's
> not listed among the objections
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#Objections
>
> Please fix.

Hi Dan,

Speaking for myself, whilst I disagreed with the WG decision at the
time, it was not and still is not my intention to lodge a formal
objection.  The record shows accurately that I opposed the decision.  It
does not show that I objected to it.  As I recall the process document
requires me to jump through some hoops to lodge a formal objection.  I
did not jump those hoops.

Of course, I want the record to be accurate.  Whilst I have taken care
in the past to check with folks at varous stages of the process that all
objections were accurately recorded, if Jos or Aaron feel that they did
wish to formally object and this is not properly recorded then I will
amend the issue tracking document.

Jos, Aaron - do you wish to have your opposition recorded as an