Re: rdf-charmod-uris closed over objection [Fwd: IRI section needs too much testing to go in Fundamentals]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:39:47 -0600
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org, Jos De Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>, Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 03:58, Brian McBride wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > I note that this issue...
> >   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-charmod-uris
> > was closed over the objection of 3 WG members, but it's
> > not listed among the objections
> >   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#Objections
> >
> > Please fix.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Speaking for myself, whilst I disagreed with the WG decision at the
> time, it was not and still is not my intention to lodge a formal
> objection.  The record shows accurately that I opposed the decision.  It
> does not show that I objected to it.

Odd; I don't understand the difference.

It seems clear to me that the WG did *not* reach consensus on
this issue. That seems to merit special notice.

>   As I recall the process document
> requires me to jump through some hoops to lodge a formal objection.

I have never understood it that way. When the chair calls the
question, you either agree, abstain, or object. And if you
object, you object. That's all there is to it.

I suppose I can content myself with the meeting minutes, if it
comes to that.

> did not jump those hoops.
>
> Of course, I want the record to be accurate.  Whilst I have taken care
> in the past to check with folks at varous stages of the process that all
> objections were accurately recorded, if Jos or Aaron feel that they did
> wish to formally object and this is not properly recorded then I will
> amend the issue tracking document.
>
> Jos, Aaron - do you wish to have your opposition recorded as an
> objection in the issue tracking document?
>
> Brian

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?