Re: Unresolved issue re media type

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 09:49:13 +0000
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Hi Mark,

I believe this relates to WG issue:

You will see that the WG resolved to register a single mime type for RDF.

There is also a WEBONT decision not to register separate mime types for
Owl or any of its variants:

"RESOLVED: to close 5.13 without making a new OWL mime type, observing
that the existing mime types, e.g. app/rdf+xml and app/xml are

The RDFCore issue

may also be relevant to this.  In part it concerns what entailments a
publisher of RDF endorses.  The director has agreed to this issue being
postponed, and further discusion is happening in the semantic web
meaning forum:

Also of relevance might be the property test:entailmentRules described
in the test cases document:

This is used to specify what entailments should be applied when running
a test case.  Perhaps this or a similar mechanism will meet your needs.

Are the current specs acceptable for this version of RDF?