meeting notes from IRC RDF calendar meeting: 26th Feb 2003, 17:00 GMT

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:39:42 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

hi all

In the IRC meeting yesterday (26th Feb 2003), we made some decisions
about datestamp, x-properties, and bugzilla, and postponed the issue
about GPLed code into W3C site. We didn't get to pathcross

Agenda for Feb 26th meeting:

The next meeting is march 12th 2003, 17:00 UTC

on irc.freenode.net #rdfig

Agenda will follow nearer the time. Please send me suggestions for it.

Summary of the meeting

1  datestamps (why aren't they considered as datetimes?)
<DanC> E:RESOLVED: all is well. nothing needs changing. datestamp in
this test case is ok.

2.  x-properties - at the moment you have to pass the x-property url
to ical2rdf - might it be possible to get this from the prodid string or
somesuch? Is this the only product-specific additional information

I: RESOLVED to institute an ical product registry ala
'http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/prod/' + firstFew(prodID) + hash(prodId)
and to put RDF schemas there based on data we find from deployed
I:action libby: implement it, add/update some tests

J:action libby: have a go at figuring it out, documenting it

3.  will the mailing list do for this kind of thing, or would bugzilla
<DanC> F:RESOLVED: try the wiki instead for a while?

Wiki is

4.  is it OK to check GPL'd code in under
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/ ?
just to keep expectations modest... we can put
that on the agenda, but we can't really make decisions about it.
Dan Connolly,

18:37:06  <libby> G:POSTPONED
on the grounds that DanC isn't sure he can contribute to GPLed software,
and it would be good to have all the code under a single license. At the
moment, the java code is GPLed because it depends on Daniel Resare's
GPLed parser.

18:26:48  <libby> I gues I could alk daniel if he feels like releaseing
his code as non GPL, no idea if he would say yes