Re: answer to TAG issue on positive statements for non applicability

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:37:11 -0400
Cc: www-qa@w3.org
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

Dear Chris,

You replied to that your answer was partially satisfied. We discussed
about your concerns at the last QA WG meeting [1]

See Below the resolution

Le 05-05-03 à 12:21, Chris Lilley a écrit :
> On Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 5:03:49 PM, Karl wrote:
> KD> Original comments (issues 1151, 1143, and part of 1158):
> Thank you for the response. It partially satisfies the concerns I
> raised.
>
> A first publication of a specification can still have deprecated
> features, if there was a previous poorly documented, undocumented, or
> defined-by-implementation version. Does your wording imply that a
> specification at version 1.0 can still be conformant even if it
> does not
> state "There are no deprecated features"?
> [...]

> Requirement 12: Identify deprecated features.
> might be better as
> Requirement 12: Identify deprecated features or state that there are
> none.

Our resolution is:

* We will reword the text to make the deprecation possible at version
1.0 of a technology
* We will NOT change the requirement text for it
* We will propose a technique to take into account your request.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/
5.1.1.5.2.20050510084627.00aa63a8@mailserver.nist.gov

W3C Conformance Manager