Re: Testability and normative requirements

Le 05-12-21 à 02:22, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
> Is there a logical contradiction behind the idea of a normative
> requirement that would not be testable? I don't think there is, but
> would be interested to hear what others think about it.

Could you give a practical example of what you would consider as a
non-testable normative requirement?

Often when I had to deal with this it's because we don't test the
right thing. My favourite example for that is coming from nuclear
physics. You can't test the position of a particle, but you can test
the probability of its position. The first one is non-testable by
virtue of the physics law (normative requirement) but it doesn't mean
you can't achieve a test which verifies the law. There's a
probability that  this particle is here or not. Does the test verify
this probability?

*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***